Re: PATCH: NO_CLOBBER

> Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxx> writes:
>
> > I earnestly hope some workaround at least for /dev/null can be found.
>
> Yes!  /dev/null is important; I think it's vital that >/dev/null and
> >&/dev/null work, even if it has to be done using an explicit check
> hack.

IMO a list that can be changed would be better than just checking for
/dev/null. An example on my system is the sound devices /dev/audio,
/dev/dsp*, but these are system dependent (although used from scripts).
(devices should be protected though unless specifically given, for
disks etc.)

In fact, maybe that's YAOption? I don't have NO_CLOBBER turned on,
it's too annoying. But I would if it could be restricted to some
places (/, /dev, maybe /usr).