env variables

Hi, Ive been unsuccessfully trying to solve a problem for a while now, and
finally thought to toss pride to the side and ask for help.

The problem seems to be that certain programs do not recognize the existence
of certain environment variables.  The programs are CVS, man, and JDK javac,
and the variables are CVSROOT, MANPATH, and CLASSPATH respectively.  I had
forgotten about the problem until I just recently changed shells at my new
job (from csh to zsh), effectively disabling both man and javac.  The
problem seems to be with variables previously (in csh) set with setenv.

I would love to hear any advice you have on this matter.

Timothy Michael Doyle
tdoyle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
626.683.4232 (work)
626.449.0181 (home)
107 South Chester Avenue #5, Pasadena, CA 91106