Re: foo(:...) and foo~ glob

On May 2,  3:27pm, Zoltan Hidvegi wrote:
} Subject: foo(:...) and foo~ glob
}
} After this change:
}
} Sun Apr  5 20:00:40 1998  Andrew Main  <zefram@xxxxxxxx>
}
} the (:quals) syntax no longer works.

Does this also mean that either/both of the following are broken?

	echo ${pref}**/CVS(:h) | sed 's/CVS//'

	case $(tty)(:t) in

I'd be somewhat discomfited by that.  What was the rationale for changing
that behavior, again?

} The other change related to ~ with EXTENDED_GLOB.  Before ~ was only
} treated as exclusion character if it was not at the end of the word and
} the word contained other glob characters.  This allowed you to write
}
} ls *~
} rm foo~
} dd if=~/foo of=bar
}
} etc.  None of these work anymore.

That loss is quite unpleasant.  I add my vote for fixing or backing out
that particular change.