Re: ``mktemp() possibly used unsafely''

Timothy J Luoma <luomat+Lists/Zsh/workers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> typed:
:I just compiled 3.05 on a NetBSD 1.3 machine and saw this warning:
:utils.o: warning: mktemp() possibly used unsafely, consider using mkstemp ()
:What is the danger here?  How do I change to mkstemp ?

mkstemp() atomically creates the temporary file, whereas when using mktemp()
someone could create a file of the same name between calling mktemp() and
creating that file.

When zsh uses mktemp() it open()s those files with flags O_CREAT and O_EXCL
or runs mkfifo()/mknod() on it, and it's not a problem for us since we
properly check the return values (I believe), so we don't need to change
anything here.
--
Geoff Wing   <gcw@xxxxxxxxx>            Mobile : 0412 162 441
Work URL: http://www.primenet.com.au/   Ego URL: http://pobox.com/~gcw/