Re: zsh-workers: zsh-3.1.4

On Jun 1, 12:33pm, Timothy J Luoma wrote:
} Subject: Re: zsh-workers: zsh-3.1.4
}
} > "make clean" fails when /bin/sh is bash because $(SUBDIRS) is empty in
} > Doc and Etc and maybe elsewhere.  Bash gets a syntax error at
}
} Yet another reason, is it not, why /bin/sh should be /bin/sh and not
} /bin/something-that-wants-to-pretend-it-is-sh ????

Unfortunately, there's no (?) PD implementation of the pure old-fashioned
Bourne shell that can be distributed with Linux.  It's either pretend, or
don't have a /bin/sh at all, I think.

That said, I'm not entirely sure that the Bourne shell wouldn't also have
choked on that construct.  My guess is it was tested with zsh and ksh,
not with a "real" sh.