Re: zsh-workers: zsh-3.1.4

Timothy J Luoma wrote:
>Yet another reason, is it not, why /bin/sh should be /bin/sh and not
>/bin/something-that-wants-to-pretend-it-is-sh ????

No, plenty of `real' sh's choke on that construct.  We cater to
idiosyncracies of Bourne shell variants right back to V6 (hence no shell
functions); bash now counts as such a variant, though it doesn't seem
to have any special restrictions not present in any earlier sh.

>TjL, still wondering why people fix things that aren't broken

With me, it's a case of "I know it works in practice, but does it work
in theory?".

-zefram