Feature Request: HIST_STORE_BANG option

Hey,

I have an idea for a feature I would like to see (if not already implemented).
I would like the ability to store the history substituion commands into the
history buffer instead of the substituded command.  Alot of times I would like
to get back the substitution I used several commands ago but can't because
the actual command (after the substitution) is stored.  Could a option be
implemented, HIST_STORE_BANG, that would store the command before the
substitution took place?  ZSH is the hottest shell there is.  There is none
other that compares.

Thanks,
Matt Gerassimoff