Re: Command alias in non-command position

Bart Schaefer wrote:

> On Aug 26,  5:35pm, Bruce Stephens wrote:

> } I already think I ought to be able to change how spell-correction
> } works, to say that some words just don't correspond to files (like the
> } first argument to tar), and possibly to say that some words ought to
> } correspond to non-existent files.
>
> Programmable spelling correction would be the next logical step after
> programmable completion, I suppose.

I always liked to think about joining them. Make the completion code
return a list of possible words for a certain situation and then let
the corection code work with this list (instead of just
filenames). Or, integrate the correction code in the completion code,
turning it into some kind of general `find out what we can do here'-code
and let correction be just a different interface for that code.
The quote from Bruce shows that joining them may require a few more
possibilities in describing possible words (e.g. non-existent files).

Bye
 Sven