Re: zsh-3.1.4 bug, parsing case ... esac

On Sep 3, 12:43am, Zoltan Hidvegi wrote:
} Subject: Re: zsh-3.1.4 bug, parsing case ... esac
}
} > } 		esac else echo bison ;
} >
} > Blech.  That sure doesn't parse according to the bash manual.  The
} > stuff between "then" and "else" has to be a properly-terminated list,
}
} Actually, the shell grammar allows this, this is really a zsh bug.

Obviously, this is a surprise to me.  Can you point me at "the shell
grammar" that specifies this?  The informal one in the man pages/info
sure doesn't.

} Similarily
}
} if ((some math)) then ((some other math)) fi
}
} works.  Same for [[ ... ]].

Yes, I knew about those, but I thought they were handled specially.