Re: v3.1.4 Files/mv bug

On Oct 14,  6:46pm, Zefram wrote:
} Subject: Re: v3.1.4 Files/mv bug
}
} ... If someone wants to write a patch to add
} the copy/remove fallback to the builtin mv, I don't have a problem with
} putting it into the baseline; I just don't consider the current behaviour
} to be broken.

A builtin "cp" supporting the -a option (preserve ownership, permissions,
and mod times when possible) would be a useful addition to the files
module, and could be called from bin_mv() upon an EXDEV from rename().
That seems like the cleanest way to handle it.

Unfortunately, it'll be a while before I can focus on zsh for that long,
so I encourage someone else to beat me to it ...