Re: PATCH: 3.1.5 - (Sven) Case-insensitive globbing

Bart Schaefer wrote:
>Sven's patch for case-insensitive globbing, applied to 3.1.5.

Ah yes, I meant to mention this when announcing the new version.
This patch is not going into the baseline as is.  Case insensitivity is
a property of pattern matching, not filename generation.  Therefore the
syntax to control case sensitivity should be part of the glob pattern
syntax, rather than part of the glob qualifiers.  Preferably, it should
be possible to localise case insensitivity to an arbitrary subpattern,
rather than only to the entire pattern.

If someone comes up with a patch for case insensitive pattern matching
of the form I have just described, I'll probably put it into the baseline.

-zefram