zsh 3.0.5 bug in Solaris 2.x

Hello,

I am experiencing a problem with zsh 3.0.5 and dtterm under Solaris
2.5.1

The following (extremely cut down for testing) /etc/zshenv is used:
#! /bin/zsh
export OSDESC=`/usr/bin/uname -sr | awk '{ printf("%s_%.1s",$1,$2)}'`
export GROUP=`id | cut -d\) -f2 cut -d\( -f2`

My login shell is /bin/zsh and I start a dtterm by running
/usr/dt/bin/dtterm

Now the problem is that on occasion (that is a more than one in four
times) either
(and sometimes both) of the environment variables do not get set.

The problem does not seem to (I couldn't get it to do it) with xterms.
Also the problem does not seem to exist with an earlier version
(2.6-beta4)
of zsh.

I compiled zsh 3.0.5 using gcc 2.8.1, and am using a SPARC Ultra-2.

Is this a known bug?

peter bousfield
wmc resources ltd