RE: typeahead problem

> In Linux and AIX 4.2 there is no difference in the behaviour whether or
> not I define CLOBBERS_TYPEAHEAD in config.h. Hm, is that the right
> location? I also added "x-*-linux*" to the switch in the "TYPEAHEAD
> KLUDGE" section in configure.in, but that didn't change anything either.

Sorry, it is unrelated to typeahead probleam, I had to read better :(

I tried it here with 3.1.5 + patches. It looks, like ZSH takes the first
character on the line and ignores the rest.

while read -q && sleep 10
do
echo YES
done
y <- cursor immediately springs to the next line
yyyYES
      ^^^ output by ZSH
<- note newline
YES

Only first 'y' from 'yyy' is taken. Is it what you've seen?

Well, manual says "read -q reads only one character" so it is really
confusing. Currently it "reads the line and takes the first character".
Who's wrong - binary or manual?

/andrej