Re: PATCH: unloading modules

Peter Stephenson wrote:

> Sven Wischnowsky wrote:
> > Finally I added some code for the setup- and finish-thing inside the
> > `#ifdef AIXDYNAMIC' but I'm far from certain that this is correct (is
> > the calling convention for boot et al different under AIX??). I don't
> > have a AIX box available so I need your help here.
>
> Zoli's the expert here, but the example module seems to load, run and
> unload smoothly at the moment.  Probably you need to alter
> Src/modentry.c to do what you want.  Here was Zoli's comment about
> that.
>
>   There is a new little C file in the Src directory called modentry.c which
>   is used to create modentry..o which is then linked to every dynamic zsh
>   module created on AIX.  modentry..o contains the entry point for the
>   module modentry(int, Module).  Since we do not have dlsym, modentry is
>   used to call the boot_/cleanup_ function.  The first argument is nonzero
>   for boot and zero for cleanup.  Each module is linked with -emodentry.
>   When the module loads, the load subroutine returns a function pointer to
>   modentry.  modentry is not exported by any module so there is no name
>   collision.
>
> Maybe this requires the setup and finish routine to be defined by
> every module.

Thanks for the help, I searched but didn't find modentry.c. (This file
calls `boot_' and `cleanup_', how is this turned into `boot_foo' and
`cleanup_foo'??)
Anyway, this might indeed require that we make setup and finish
mandatory. I have to say a bit more about this which I will send as a
separate mail.

> One problem I am having is that 'zmodload deltochar' reports a name
> clash.  This happens even immediately on starting zsh -f.
>
> % zmodload deltochar
> deltochar: name clash when adding ZLE function `delete-to-char'
> deltochar: name clash when adding ZLE function `delete-to-char'
>
> It does not seem to happen with any other module.

This doesn't happen for me, are you sure that you haven't configured
deltochar to be statically included in zsh?

Bye
 Sven