Completion test suite

In article <199911220934.KAA04967@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
  Sven Wischnowsky <wischnow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Because it *is* quite complicated, so much so that I can't tests
> everything.

So, definitely we need some automatic test suite for completion
system.

When I tried it with expect, I found that it is very difficult because
expect's support of screen based user interfaces like zsh (and
other termcap/terminfo based program and curses based program) is not
so good.

I think that zsh should have some noninteractive way to use completion
system for this purpose.  If we can invoke completion system
noninteractively with an arbitrary command line and zsh can dumps
its completion result, it is enough to write test suite, maybe.
--
Tanaka Akira