Re: completion escaping

Clint Adams wrote:

> Old-style (compctl) completion does not escape mid-word tildes,
> but new-style does.  Was this intentional?

Hm. No. The new code uses what is now probably the standard way to do
quoting. I.e. you get the same as with the (q) parameter flag. The
different style in compctl wasn't intentional (I mean: it wasn't
intentional *there*).

And personally I like the quoted form better even if it is sometimes
unnecessary. Especially if I compare the strings inserted for matches
like `a*~b'.

Other opinions?

Bye
 Sven