Re: PATCH: partial program transform support (Texinfo)

> I'm not sure this is an improvement.  If you run "make install" from the
> Src directory, you get different results than doing it from the top-level
> directory.  (Of course, you always got different results WRT the Doc and
> so forth, but you see what I mean.)

Yes, you're right.  Unfortunately, it doesn't work to put the transformed
name into the Makefile in the current directory as I had originally
planned, because something odd seems to happen with the recursive
variable assignments.

I agree that the whole mess is ugly.