Re: Help on valid styles?

Andrej Borsenkow wrote:

> It is possible to list valid tags for a given context with _complete_help. Is it
> possible to get list of valid styles in the same way?

I've been thinking about this, too. As you can see I found no really
satisfying solution. The problem is that the tag stuff is really done
before the matches are added (at least the part we need for
_complete_help). Styles, however may be used anywhere the completion
function wishes, often directly before some matches are added or only
if certain tags are really requested. So we can't automatically find
out which styles are really used under which conditions. It's a
pity. And I still don't see a solution for this.

> May be even more. What I think about is to add additional paramter -
> description - to _style. Then, it may be used as on-line help giving short
> explanation, what these styles are used for. Something like normal usage
> message.

I thought about something like this for the tags, too. That plus a
utility function _help that can be used to register `global'
descriptive texts could then be used together with a function like
_complete_help to get the online documentation in the way Peter
suggested it. I think. I wrote some more about this when the
completion grouping discussion started, see there.

Bye
 Sven