Re: Environ handling broken on Cygwin RE: Cygwin: environ problem

Andrej wrote:
> As I understand, the sole requirement of current code is to be able to
> unset environment variable. Cygwin provides unsetenv() function. So, we
> could retain current code on Unix and use native Cygwin function there.
>
> Any suggestions before I start hacking? :-)

Feel free.  Obviously the best solution would be the minimal changes to use
putenv, getenv and unsetenv where zsh digs around directly in environ with
#ifdef __CYGWIN__.  If this works, we can start adding configure checks to
see if we can do it elsewhere, since anything that reduces the number of
assumptions about the system is good.  However, `if this works' may not be
a particularly well-defined test.

Let me know if you want sourceforge developer stuff adding.

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cambridge Silicon Radio, Unit 300, Science Park, Milton Road,