Re: no vi editing mode

On Mon, Jul 24, 2000 at 08:04:10PM +0200,
R Joseph Wright <rjoseph@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> When I use zsh under X, I can hit ESC and get into vi editing mode.  When I
> do this from the console, it does not work.  Is there a variable that needs
> to be explicitly set somewhere to make this work?

Can't reproduce such behaviour. vi editing mode works from the console
as well as from X. Do you set some options under X that you don't set in
console? Such as setting EDITOR to "vi" in your .xsession or something
similar?
Then again: What's your operating system? Linux? Some BSD variant? And
what version of zsh do you use?

CU,
Thomas, running zsh-3.1.9-dev-3 under Linux

--
 Thomas Köhler Email:   jean-luc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx     | LCARS - Linux
     <><        WWW:     http://jeanluc-picard.de      | for Computers