Re: no vi editing mode

R Joseph Wright <rjoseph@xxxxxxxxxxxx> typed:
:When I use zsh under X, I can hit ESC and get into vi editing mode.  When I
:do this from the console, it does not work.  Is there a variable that needs
:to be explicitly set somewhere to make this work?

Are you in ``emacs'' keybindings?  If you always want ``vi'' keybindings,
do you have ``bindkey -v'' in your ~/.zshrc file?
At invocation, zsh examines your VISUAL and EDITOR env. vars. to
modifier default keybindings.  See zshzle(1).

Regards,
--
Geoff Wing : <gcw@xxxxxxxxx>     Work URL: http://www.primenet.com.au/
Rxvt Stuff : <gcw@xxxxxxxx>      Ego URL : http://pobox.com/~gcw/