Re: PATCH: Re: completion problem with filename including # (and pathmax stuff)

> There is another problem with the pathmax stuff: with the files
> module, doing `mkdir foo' fails because it tries to get the pathname
> length of a non-existing directory. Haven't checked if there are other
> builtins with this problem.

I tested this, and it worked fine.  Perhaps this means that glibc 2.1.3 is
broken.  I just now tried it under FreeBSD 4.0, and OpenBSD 2.7, and ran
into the error you mentioned.

I think that statting to find the mount point would be too wasteful.
Dropping the tail could work except for things like mkdir -p.