Re: PATCH: tail-dropping in files module mkdir

On Aug 4, 10:53am, Clint Adams wrote:
} Subject: PATCH: tail-dropping in files module mkdir
}
} This should let mkdir work a little better.

But it's not necessary to do this in mkdir if we're going to change
zpathmax() to do it internally.

} In addition to the -p problem, I think that zpathmax needs to
} be modified to do one of the following:
}
} a) return the number from pathconf() so that it can be compared
} with strlen of the full pathname with tail

Eh?  It does return the number from pathconf(), unless it's already been
exceeded:

    if ((pathmax = pathconf(dir, _PC_PATH_MAX)) >= 0) {
	if (strlen(dir) < pathmax)
	    return pathmax;

} BTW, I think pathconf does the "errno unchanged" bit because of
} some prohibition of the library settings errno to 0 or setting
} errno on success.

Ah, that makes some kind of sense.