Re: PATCH: C_BASES option for outputting hex and octal

Zefram wrote:
> Wouldn't it be nicer to have $(([#0x]$num)) do the 0x-prefixed output,
> or some equivalent syntax?  It'd be nicer not to have to fiddle with a
> global option to control an essentially local decision.

Well, there is a local fix for this, and it was being fed up with having to
use it when all I wanted was what seemed to me the standard output that
made me fix it this way.  If the usual output wasn't so non-standard I
wouldn't have thought about it.  But the [#0x] idea is a good one (and I
supposed `typeset -i 0x foo' would be a natural companion, though option
argument passing for builtins is currently horrible).

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Work: pws@xxxxxxx