Re: Misc/colors

On Fri, 18 Aug 2000, Adam Spiers wrote:

> However, I just noticed:
>
> % <load in Misc/colors>
> % echo "$fg_bold[green]foo$fg_bold[grey]bar"
>
> yields the 'bar' in green.  That can't be right can it?

There isn't any fg_bold[grey] any more ... because there's no ANSI color
number for the color "grey".  What you were calling "grey" is what ANSI
calls "black", even though to get a really black-looking black you have
to use "bold black".

There is color[fg-grey] but the loop that maps $color onto fg, fg_bold,
etc., does a reverse lookup on the corresponding color number and gets
"black".  I've forgotten whether I did that on purpose.