Re: Getting diffs out of Web-CVS

On Mon, 28 Aug 2000, Andrej Borsenkow wrote:

> I noted, that CVS mailing list for RedHat-maintained utilities lists
> all commited files in form of above URLs (as example, look at
> <http://sources.redhat.com/ml/binutils-cvs/2000-08/msg00100.html>).

That's a commit log message, so it's very likely that the URLs are
generated by a commitlog script at the time the files are checked in.
It's entirely possible that a similar script is available at sourceforge
to work with their (slightly modified, IIRC) cvsweb server.

We'd need to decide where to have those commit logs mailed [*] and then be
very careful to make exactly one commit per "patch", including all the
affected files.

[*] Not back to zsh-workers, I think -- perhaps to a sourceforge-hosted
mailing list that we'd set up to get nothing but commit logs?