Re: PATCH: Document REPLY/reply, misc. other parameter indexing

Bart Schaefer wrote:

> I wish I could figure out when the docs are intended to use `tt(foo)' and
> when just tt(foo) without the ticks.  (The difficulty is that in info the
> typewriter face is lost and you can't see the emphasis without the `...'.)
> I chose to make nearby paragraphs consistent with each other, even if things
> aren't consistent across more widely separated uses.

There's a bit about it in the Etc/zsh-development-guide. But in some
cases... (I think Peter and I were changing things back and forth in
the completion system documentation some time ago). For example, the
documentation of the ignore-parents style. Sometimes tt(../),
sometimes `tt(../)'. It may even be consistent, but doesn't look good,
I think.

So, if you want to change the standard... ;-)

Bye
 Sven