When should interactive option be set/.zshrc read?

I was sure, that my .zshrc was read only by interactice zsh, but

bor@itsrm2% print $options[interactive]
on <= correct
bor@itsrm2% : | (print $options[interactive])
on <= ?? I doubt, this shell can be considered "interactive"

The reason I noted this, I used something like

tar cf - . | (cd /foo && tar xf -)

and my .zshrc defines chpwd() function that changes window title. It was
suddenly changed. But then it means, that all initialization, including
completion, takes place. I believe, it is wrong. I /think/ it was changed
fairly recently, but I may be wrong.

-andrej

Have a nice DOS!
B >>