Re: two sets of modules under /usr/local/lib/zsh ?

Will Day wrote:
>And I guess I'm wondering, if these are only for backwards compatibility,
>(a) do I need them, if I never used paths for modules anywhere,

No.  In fact, they've been removed in newer versions.

>say I do want them, could they not instead be just symlinks to the
>respective module under the zsh subdir?  Ie:
>Or, at the very least, have the module files in that toplevel dir all
>hardlinked together, since they all appear to be the same file anyway.
>Or am I missing something?

Yes, either of these will work, on ELF systems.  Some dynamic loading
systems that zsh supports have requirements that mean that all module
files have to be different (effectively, the module needs to know its
own name).

-zefram