Re: PATCH: "typeset -m" plays havoc

On Sep 14,  5:35pm, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> Subject: Re: PATCH: "typeset -m" plays havoc
> On Sep 14,  8:55pm, Andrej Borsenkow wrote:
> } Subject: RE: PATCH: "typeset -m" plays havoc
> }
> } What happens in case of
> }
> } splat() { typeset -F -m \* }
>
> Depending on what stands in for -F, it dumps core.

Which has nothing to do with my patch, by the way.

Bad Things happen in every version of zsh back to 2.4 if you specify other
type-declaration flags with -m.  How bad, varies from "mostly harmless" to
"complete disaster" depending on which version and which flags, with the
more recent versions having the greater potential for flame-out.