Re: PATCH: _expand, _expand_word, and their doc

On Sep 21, 10:33am, Andrej Borsenkow wrote:
} Subject: RE: PATCH: _expand, _expand_word, and their doc
}
} > +inserted into the command line.  This style is most useful when set
} > +only for very specific completion contexts.
}
} I continue to ask myself just how useful it is.

I suspect it's intended to be used in the :completion:expand-word:expand::
context, though I didn't realize the context never gets any more specific
than that.  That way the user can decide whether to invoke it.

If it would work to set compstate[insert]=all inside _expand_word, before
calling _main_complete, then we could do that instead and remove the
handling for that style from _expand.  I don't have time today to try
this.