Re: PATCH: Redo _zle using _arguments

On Oct 4,  2:47pm, Sven Wischnowsky wrote:
}
} Bart Schaefer wrote:
}
} > I also suspect there may be a bug in comparguments -- the '(*)-x' form of
} > optspec is supposed to mean that the '*:msg:act' form is not completed
} > when -x is on the command line, but that doesn't seem to happen (or at
} > least, not always).
}
} Hm, I had a look but couldn't find a bug. Could you give me an example?

Sure.  Completion after "zle -R -c":

zagzig[501] zle -R -c <TAB>
Completing status line
Completing strings to list

The call to _arguments was:

      _arguments -s \
        "-R[redisplay]" \
	"(*)-c[clear listing]" \
	"(-)::status line: " "*:strings to list: "

Since "(*)-c" is there, and -c is on the line, the "*:strings to list: "
clause should never be activated.  Yet there's the description string for
it, in the listing.  If I go on to add something for the status line:

zagzig[501] zle -R -c something <TAB>
Completing no more arguments

What I expected the first time was either just "Completing status line"
or that plus "no more arguments", but not "strings to list".