Enhanced shell

David Korn is asking for suggestions for features from the various
shells to be included in a standard, so I've been jotting possible
things from zsh down.  This is extremely rough at the moment, but before
I try and tidy it up, has anyone got any comments or suggestions
(preferably brief --- I'm looking for a list of features rather than an
essay on compatilibity)?

Some of these may already be in all three of zsh, ksh, and bash, I
haven't gone through the ksh manual yet (or even Single Unix for that
matter) --- some are certainly in both zsh and bash.  I'll try and do
some more homework tomorrow.

emulate builtin
coproc keyword (|& as per csh is already semi-standard and useful)
? ZDOTDIR? (or equivalent)
autoload -U
<<<'word'
precmd, chpwd, periodic
? [#16]?
${+foo}
{0..10}, {00..10}
? =cmd?
? glob qualifiers (perhaps in some standardised NO_BARE_GLOB_QUAL form)
** (both glob and math?)
CPUTYPE/HOSTYPE/OSTYPE, EGID/GID, EUID/UID,  ERRNO, HOST or HOSTNAME (bash)
`ESS_VERSION' (version no. of extended shell standard)
? disable/enable? [bash]
? typeset -T? (possible with discipline functions)
? typeset etc. -g?
command [bash]
suspend [bash]
? pushd?