Re: ansi2knr proposed update

> Which version of it are you reading?  I just looked through GPL version 2
> and I couldn't interpret it to mean that it was a requirement to
> redistribute the Licence file "COPYING".  Maybe I missed something?

It doesn't require that the file be named "COPYING", but it does
require that the license be distributed with the program,
just as the Zsh licence requires that the Zsh licence be
distributed with Zsh.

In GPL-2, this is the term numbered 1:

  1. You may copy and distribute verbatim copies of the Program's
source code as you receive it, in any medium, provided that you
conspicuously and appropriately publish on each copy an appropriate
copyright notice and disclaimer of warranty; keep intact all the
notices that refer to this License and to the absence of any warranty;
and give any other recipients of the Program a copy of this License
along with the Program.

By not doing so, we're violating the license of ansi2knr, assuming
that it's the GNU GPL.

On the other hand, the copyright line says "All rights reserved",
and who knows in which jurisdictions that invalidates the
license?