Re: zsh: fatal error: out of memory

Bart Schaefer wrote:

> Any idea which shell created the .sh_history file in the first place?

It'll almost certainly be ksh. Looking at a few history files here (also
with NEdit), bash just has the commands and ksh has the initial <nul>
characters.

I've also tried loading a ksh history file into zsh and it basically
works so maybe it is the size of the file which is causing problems. It
would seem consistent with an out of memory error.

Maybe we should suggest standardising the history file format on the
shell list.

Oliver

http://www.messagelabs.com/stats.asp