Re: error on TTY read: no such file or directory

Zefram wrote:

lordzork@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

i made a new strace, this time without zsh reading any of its start up
files. my idea was that this would make it easier to read, but the new
strace looks completely different from the old one, at least to me.

It's still doing the same impossible thing.

Have you built zsh on this system or used binaries from other? Now, we start to make all sort of wild guesses ...