Re: path completion and directories

Oliver Kiddle wrote:

> On Friday, Borsenkow Andrej wrote:
> >
> > Yesterday I was irritated again that rpm completion does not descend
> > directories if it finds any *.rpm file. Before I had this issue with
> > gunzip as well.
> >
> > I know I can configure it. My point is it should be default. Current
> > behavior looks counter-intuitive to me. Actually I have a feeling it was
> > differently before.
>
> It is certainly the most sensible behaviour so I agree that making it
> default would be better.

Aha. What do others think? Leave it? Change it? No opinion?

It shouldn't be too hard to change (the changes in the manual and
Peter's guide would be larger than in the code, I think).

> How do we go about making styles like tag-order and file-patterns
> default though while making them easy to disable?
>
> Didn't we used to have a bunch of styles set by default from compinit? I
> still have `zstyle -d' in my .zshrc which was there to remove them.

Yes we had. Very ugly. Nowadays the defaults are coded into the places
where the styles are looked up, one way or another (e.g. by using -t
or -T or by doing `zstyle -s ... foo || foo=...').

Bye
  Sven

--
Sven Wischnowsky                    wischnow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx