Re: Very odd behaviour with zsh, maybe corruption bug

   On Oct 11,  6:08pm, martin.ebourne@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
   } However, using this version I've got a guaranteed sequence which
   } triggers it (maybe also on the last version, but I don't know). I

   That does in fact reproduce it on my machine as well.  You didn't Cc
   your
   message to zsh-workers -- you might want to send the above instructions
   there so somebody else can have a crack at it too.

Actually I've found a much shorter sequence too. As before execute
bizzarre.sh, but afterwards all you need is to press down, up, down and
you'll get this trace:

% ./zsh -f
gdd-odybin2% . ~/bizzarre.sh
gdd-odybin2% +_down_fn:4> [[ accept-line ==  ]]
+_down_fn:9> [[  == *
* ]]
+_down_fn:14> _searching=new-down
+_down_fn:15> zle .history-beginning-search-forward
+_down_fn:4> [[ new-up == new-up ]]
+_down_fn:9> [[ . ~/bizzarre.sh        == *
* ]]
+_down_fn:14> _searching=new-down
+_down_fn:15> zle .history-beginning-search-forward

No need to enter any other lines. Taking a guess, it would seem that the
critical bit that breaks it is the first down, where it tries to
history-beginning-search-forward, but fails with a beep. No guesses as to
why though!

Cheers,

Martin.