Re: Mac OS X error

> Looks to me like you've deleted too much in the top level Makefile.  If you
> commented out
>
>   # install/uninstall just the man pages
>   install.man uninstall.man:
>         @cd Doc && $(MAKE) $(MAKEDEFS) $@

This made the compile work thank you.

> You might want to look at
>   ftp://ftp.zsh.org/pub/development/
> which has a reasonably recent development version including pre-built
> manual pages.

I tried to compiled this and it failed

4.0.2 also failed to compile. Both compiles ended with this

( echo '#!'; cat builtin.syms compat.syms cond.syms exec.syms glob.syms
hashtable.syms hist.syms init.syms input.syms jobs.syms lex.syms
linklist.syms loop.syms math.syms mem.syms module.syms options.syms
params.syms parse.syms pattern.syms prompt.syms signals.syms
signames.syms string.syms subst.syms text.syms utils.syms watch.syms  |
sed -n '/^X/{s/^X//;p;}' | sort -u ) > zsh.export
rm -f zsh
cc  -s  -o zsh main.o  `cat stamp-modobjs`   -lm  -lc
/usr/bin/ld: warning unused multiple definitions of symbol _glob
glob.o definition of _glob in section (__TEXT,__text)
/usr/lib/libm.dylib(glob.o) unused definition of _glob
/usr/bin/ld: can't use -s with input files containg indirect symbols
(output file must contain at least global symbols, for maximum stripping
use -x)
make[1]: *** [zsh] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 1

Think it might be a problem with /usr/lib/libm.dylib

On this web site