Re: 4.0.3

* Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxx> [Oct 25. 2001 12:55]:
> > (mmj@staudinger) ~> ulimit -Sm unlimited
> > ulimit: bad option: -m
> > zsh: exit 1
>
> -m corresponds to the internal definition RLIMIT_RSS, see
> /usr/include/sys/resource.h.
>
> Are you on a system where RLIMIT_VMEM == RLIMIT_RSS?  If so, this is the
> effect of 16033.  (If not, nothing should have changed since 4.0.2.)
> Probably the best thing to do is handle this as a special case, as follows
> --- this applies to both branches.
>
> I changed the output message for the case in question, since it obviously
> doesn't make sense to discriminate between virtual and physical memory here.
>
> I can't really test this here, I don't have RLIMIT_RSS.  Not sure if this
> is enough to upgrade 4.0.3 to 4.0.4, but at least I haven't announced 4.0.3
> yet.

With the patch applied, it is happy again, thanks. But I cannot seem to
find the two RLIMITs in question either on my SuSE Linux 7.3 system. It
might very well be that I'm a moron not looking in the right places
though.

I would not justify a 4.0.4 with this, when 4.0.3 as you pointed out not
have been announced yet. There's of course factors like CVS that have to
be taken into question, which I am unaware of.

--
Mads Martin Joergensen, http://mmj.dk
"Why make things difficult, when it is possible to make them cryptic