Re: [bug report] 4.0.2 / 4.0.4 dumps core

> On Nov 12, 11:39am, Akitoshi MORISHIMA wrote:
> }
> } ...
> }
> } Type:
> } 	!^ then [TAB]
> }
> } then zsh dumps core...
> }
> } I guess "!^" accesses to "previous command line", which is
> expectd to
> } be always present even without history-related settings, but this
> } isn't true in this "special" case...
>
> This is a mis-diagnosis.
>
> Zsh is attempting to complete reserved words (in this case,
> the word "!").
> The reswords table contains static strings, but the
> completion code tries
> to poke '\0' byte in at the end of the word, resulting in a
> segfault on any
> platform where static strings aren't writable.
>
> The combination of extendedglob and globcomplete (which makes "^" mean
> something), plus lack of history, tickles the bug, but is not
> the reason
> for it:
>
> schaefer[524] Src/zsh -f
> zagzig% setopt extendedglob globcomplete nobanghist
> zagzig% !^<TAB>zsh: segmentation fault (core dumped)  Src/zsh -f

I had a patch for this, too, that just made the shell use duplicates in the
reswdtab - it isn't that much memory being wasted (but of course I forgot
to bring that patch together with the other one).

Bye
  Sven

P.S.: Oh look, Outlook garbled Bart's message. Oh look, Sven's using Outlook.
      Urgh, that's so embarassing.