Re: Piping stderr (was Re: Two bug reports)

On Sun, 24 Mar 2002, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> I really think zsh should be tracking >(...) as a job and waiting for
> it rather than treating it as if disowned.

Yes, that would be a good change, IMO.

> That would be a much cleaner solution from the viewpoint of the shell
> language (though possibly a bit messier internally) than would adding
> a new pipe syntax.

I agree.  After looking at my proposed stderr-pipe syntax, I don't like
it very much.  So, using the existing 2>>(command) syntax is a good way
to go, especially if zsh could be made to wait for the "command" to
complete.

..wayne..