path completion in menu selection and exact match

There is peculiar problem in path completion using menu selection.

{pts/0}% cd /u/s/li/fsTAB
{pts/0}% cd /usr/src/linux-2.4.18-18mdk/fs/
Completing directory
linux@               linux-2.4.18-13mdk/  linux-2.4.18-17mdk/
linux-2.4.18-18mdk/

now I have two possibility - accepting match so far and hitting a-a-m-c.
If I hit accept (= ENTER) and then ENTER to execute I get:

{pts/0}% cd /usr/src/linux-2.4.18-18mdkfs/
cd:cd:2: no such file or directory: /usr/src/linux-2.4.18-18mdkfs/

i.e. `/' is autoremoved.

If I hit a-a-m-c I get:
{pts/0}% cd /usr/src/linux-2.4.18-18mdk/fs/adfs/
Completing directory
adfs/         affs/         autofs/       autofs4/      bfs/
coda/         cramfs/       devfs/        devpts/       efs/

i.e. it tries to complete further.

The first case appears as a bug to me ... it may be depndent on
completinword settings still autoremoving path separator in the middle
of path does not look like a right thing to do.

The second case is just nasty :-0

I do not actually have an idea what it should do as yet (except "it
should do what I intend").

-andrej