Mandrake patch for "make it work on serial ports"

The following patch is currently used on Mandrake (attached for
zsh-workers). It basically always opens input in non-blocking mode. I am
really interested to know when this patch is needed. Having open block on
lack of carrier is perfectly sensible and long-adopted approach...

Therry, I am sorry but I really had some problems and was away for quite
some time. Thank you for making new release.

-andrej