Re: Occasional 'job table full or recursion limit exceeded'

--- Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I spent much more time than I should have on getting the best
> --max-procs algorithm I could come up with.  Comments welcome.

Not really sure if this is the feedback you want.  Since I mostly
only see it in long running shells, where my suspended processes have
accrued, it seems like increasng it by small or fractional increments
would be more conservative of memory usage than a doubling strategy.

When I see the problem I typically have 10 to 15 processes.  It's unlikely
I would have much more than 20, because that is getting in the range where it
is difficult to manage.

-FR.