Re: Zsh doesn't compile correctly out of the box for HPUX

I don't know much about curses libraries.  I did see this comment on
an HP-UX transition website:

"Hcurses library - HP-UX curses was
replaced with X/Open curses (NcNs401)

These curses interfaces are HP proprietary interfaces. The
use of these interfaces is strongly discouraged and may not
be portable to future implementations of HP-UX. There will
not be a 64-bit version of the curses
library."

But whoever is compiling the regular X/Open cursese for HPUX is doing it
wrong because it has the backspace problem.  So as long as Hcurses is
available, its use is a good workaround to the backspace problem.

--
Nathan Peirce
Hewlett Packard