Re: zle -M and other option arguments

Peter Stephenson wrote:
>  zle -M my-keymap -R a-z self-insert
>and it doesn't work.  This is actually documented: -M takes the first
>non-option argument, not an argument of its own.  I imagine this is due
>to the historically somewhat poor handling of arguments to options.

Precisely.  At the time the zle builtin was added, the builtin option
handling couldn't handle an argument attached to an option, so I made it
do what is described above.  In the zsh/files module, mkdir's -m option
has the same problem.

I agree that it's better to attach the argument to the option.

-zefram