Re: subversion and programmable completion

> The bash completion does not use the content of 'svn help'
> AFAIK. (we're talking about the script in tools/client-side/ right?).

The only bash completion for subversion that I've seen is
/etc/bash_completion.d/subversion in the Debian subversion package,
which I assume is that to which you refer.  The zsh function was written
without hardcoding any subcommands or options.

> I had not thought of using svn help output to feed the completion
> though, that sounds quite a neat idea. Are you willing to work on it
> (you seemed to use zsh rather than bash though) ? Or do you know
> existing examples of such bash scripts that could be a basis for an
> svn one ?

I seem to recall Adam Heath doing some work on emulating zsh completion
functions in bash.  Perhaps he could encapsulate the zsh functions
somehow.