Re: Can Zsh do this for me?

>     BTW, I want to write a 'ps' command on my own because I don't
> like the procps one available for Linux, nor the others out there,
> and I think that with the zsh/stat module I could do it in a shell
> script :)))

Under solaris and debian linux, there's something called pkill(1) that will
take a name, and kill it.

BTW: if you're re-writing linux PS as a shell script to learn a lot of
linux and zsh internals, go right ahead.  If you're just annoyed by how it
works, take a long look through the man page.  It's amazingly powerful and
flexable.  It looks like you were using the BSD flavor of args.  If you
want SYSVish args, just use a hyphen.  I.E.: 'ps -ef'.  See the man page for
more details than you probably want.

ps.  The only thing that competes with ls for number of options.

Jason