Re: PATCH: suffix aliases

Oliver Kiddle wrote:
> > I stuck with suffixes instead of patterns, which would have been less
> > efficient and more complicated for little extra gain.
>
> That's a pity.

Patterns would need to be array-based rather than hash-based.  That way
you don't get a hit if you don't have any pattern aliases.  It's not
at all technically difficult to add.  I think we need suffix aliases for
efficiency anyway.

> > I dutifully added completion to _alias, but it seems that doesn't
> > understand the difference between aliases with different options, so I
>
> There isn't much point: completing existing aliases when defining new
> ones isn't that useful anyway.

It would be useful when trying to output existing messages.  I'm a bit
bemused why _aliases goes to all that trouble of sorting aliases into
type but _alias doesn't use it.

pws

and/or privileged material.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or
taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by
prohibited.
delete the material from any computer.